Quote of the Month

"You'll see it when you believe it" Dr. Wayne Dyer
New Entries Daily

BMRS Series Updated every Tues. and Thurs.

Contact To Submit Personal Entries

Comments Are Welcome!

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Black Men Are Selfish Series

(Excerpt) Ch. 4
“The Man”
“As a rule, men worry more about what they can't see than about what they can”. -
  


                    The reasons behind this can be attributed to many things, but one reason stands out in my mind and is kind of personal to me. My mother was diagnosed with Breast cancer a year ago, right around the time of Breast cancer month. My next-door neighbor had died from breast cancer two month’s prior. With this entire situation happening I had no choice but to be aware of this tragedy that is attacking women at an alarming rate. My mother was able to recover. During a long car ride with my brother and I, my father sneaks in that his doctor informed him that he might have prostate cancer. Now I was facing two parents with a deadly disease, and thinking back, I had more information about breast cancer than I did about prostate cancer. There were a couple commercials about prostate cancer, but no prostate cancer month as far as I know, nothing else about it. When I was aware of my mother having breast cancer, I knew statistics about it, there was a month devoted to raising money to help the cure, people were wearing pink at sports events, I knew so much just by watching TV........ Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slideshow